TIPS FOR ATTENDING
Enjoying Omaha's Riverfront Wine Festival:
• Have a plan. Check out the Participating Wineries in advance and decide which ones you simply can’t miss.
• Don’t be afraid to try something new. Forget for a minute that you're stuck on Cabernet Sauvignons, or that you only like Pinot Grigios...this is all about finding your style.
• Sip and dump. There are 150 wines at this festival. You will receive a Riedel glass, and the wineries will pour you a 1 oz taste – that’s all you need to get an idea of the wine. Swirl it, smell it and sip it, and dump the rest.
• Unlimited Craft Beer Samples. Why not hold on to that Riedel glass and give some craft beers a try? For all ye beer drinkers, you'll have plenty of choices at the festival.
• Eat before coming - and eat again - while you’re here. You won’t want to taste on an empty stomach. Our food vendors will have meals and snacks available for purchase.
• Plan your ride. Bring a Designated Driver ($10 Ticket), or plan ahead with a taxi. Another idea, spend the night at the adjacent Courtyard by Marriott and make a weekend out of it.
• Dress appropriately. Check the forecast and plan accordingly. Avoid white (wine spills), bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and maybe a hat or visor.
• Hydrate often! Bottled water is available for only $1. You may bring your own water bottle if you would like.
• Plan your seating. The festival takes place at Stinson Park. Seating may be scarce so consider bringing a camping chair.
• Plan on stocking up your cellar with your favorites from the festival. You will be tasting wines that have never been sold in Nebraska. You will surely have new favorites, and you may want to buy some for your home.
Please drink responsibly and enjoy the annual Riverfront Wine Festival!!
~ Urban Events, Inc.